Do NOT Vote for Jerry Walker

Normally I tell people who I support and encourage them to make their own choices on voting but, when it comes to the upcoming election for the Maricopa County Community Colleges District (MCCCD) Governing Board, all I can say is DO NOT VOTE FOR JERRY WALKER!!!!!  This is the first time that I've ever taken a stance where anybody is better than a specific person but this time I have to.

I have yet to hear a single positive thing about him or his actions on the Governing Board.  While in office he has:

  • Berated students for their political views
  • Made several offensive comments
  • Supported policies that could have lost MCCCD their accreditation (meaning that any degree from MCCCD would be worthless and no credits would transfer to any other university)
You can find even more at the Arizona Republic.  Unless everything that I've heard about him is wrong, he is an embarrassment to MCCCD and an embarrassment to good conservatives everywhere.

On the other hand, I've heard good things about Dana Saar who is running against him.  He has experience in the education field and seems to be taking the long view on the future of the community colleges.  He's the one I'll be voting for.

Comments