Control Your Money - An Easy Way To Save


I'm always on the lookout for new ways to save money.  I recently ran across a great article about the fundamentals of saving money.  It's called How To Save Money.  It was a good article.  Nothing new (for me anyway) but worthwhile stuff.

What struck me (and inspired this post) was a question posted in the discussion section.  A person simply posted:  "I need an easy way to save".  Don't we all!  My first thought was, too bad for you - there is no easy way to save.  Then, I thought about it.  Perhaps there is...

The problem is that saving money depends very heavily on how you spend money.  Each person is different.  Each person has a different definition of what is easy.  About 10 years ago, I cut my cable.  At the time, I would have called that moderately to extremely difficult.  Now I would call it easy.  It has saved me a lot of money and I don't miss 300 channels of nothing on.

So, back to the question.  What's an easy way to save?  I think the real answer is to know how much you spend.  If you keep track of how much you spend and what you spend it on, you can almost always find a few easy ways to save.  Of course, keeping tabs on your own money may not be easy, but I still think it's the best way to truly know how to save.

Is there really an easy way to save?  Maybe, but I can't tell you what it is.  You have to find that answer for yourself.  Just ask yourself what you spend your money on and figure out a way to cut back.  It probably won't be easy at first, but if you stick to it, it will keep getting easier.

Comments