I have a Mac!

I've been itching to get a Mac for a long time.  Ever since they switched to MacOS X they've been getting more and more attractive.  They are sleek, stable, secure, easy to use, and ... expensive.  Yeah, money's been the main issue.  Well I've overcome that issue by getting my sister to loan me hers for a while (about 18 months).  So now I'm the proud user of a MacBook and I think it's pretty cool.

One of the main reasons that I wanted a Mac was for creating DVDs of my home movies.  I've tried some Windows software (Pinnacle Studio and Vegas Movie Studio) and was hamper by stability and usability issues.  But now that I have a Mac, all of that goes away.  Right?  Well, the answer is "I don't know".  Unfortunately, I haven't had time to get my movie collection out and see how well it works on the Mac.  Fortunately, that's hardly the only draw.

I've found this little laptop to be very easy to use (and this from a guy who doesn't like laptops - they make me feel claustrophobic).  The keyboard is easy to type on and my USB mouse plugs in and works without any setup.  If I can get my monitor set up on it, I may just start using it as my main computer.  After all, not only is it nice to use but it's a LOT faster than my 900 MHz AMD desktop that I'm using right now.

All in all, it's been really nice so far.  Hopefully it will continue to serve me well although that may mean that I'll be needing a Mac of my own when my sister wants hers back...

Comments